Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Halfway There

Hi everyone! Before I get too much into everything, I want to apologize for my lack of updating. Things have been busy and difficult lately, and unfortunately, that made this the last thing I wanted to do. I just realized it has been 2 months since I have written. I didn't think it had been quite that long. Again, I'm sorry, and I'll try to get everything updated, at least the major parts!

First off, Brian's mailing address has changed, so for those who requested it before, please shoot me an email at dacey1203@gmail.com so I can give you his new one! It is our belief that he should still get his mail if it's sent to the old one, but we'd rather not risk it! Also, if you didn't have it yet, but you'd like it, feel free to message me as well! =)

Christmas went by fairly quickly. We actually had a REAL white Christmas here in OK for the first time in years. It was actually pretty nice. We had a nice time just spending time together as a family, all of us. It doesn't happen often. I was able to talk to Brian quite a bit as well, which helped some.

January 7th was Brian's 28th birthday, January 16th my 24th birthday, and January 19th our 2 year anniversary. Needless to say, January was a busy month of celebrations for us, and it was difficult being apart, but we got through it. Thankfully, I was able to spend an extended weekend with one of my best friends in Michigan, Jen, who I hadn't seen in almost 3 years.

February 8th, I flew out to see Brian's parents and brother, and stayed until February 18th! It was SUCH a good visit, and I'm SO glad that things were able to work out so I could go see them. It was nice being able to spend time with them and actually get to know them on more of a one-on-one level, as opposed to when they're distracted being grandparents. (No offense, I TOTALLY understand, and Erica, you know I LOVE you and your boys!) I really enjoyed it and felt like we were able to become closer as a family, and I'm truly thankful for that opportunity. I also got to see Donna's parents, and met some of the family I hadn't met yet, and it was so much fun! I did get a little homesick towards the end of the trip, and it was really hard being away from Brian on Valentine's Day and when we were visiting Morro Bay and San Luis Obispo, because I wished so badly he could be there with me, but I'll have him back home soon enough.

As the title says, we are halfway through the deployment, so it should all be downhill from here (as in easier to deal, because we've gotten through all of the holidays and major dates of celebration for us). Unfortunately, it only seems to have become more difficult. I find myself missing Brian more and more and it's harder being away from him. Thankfully we are still able to talk often, and do, so that helps a lot, but I just feel like my strength is wearing thin and I'm unsure how I'll be able to get through this much longer. (I know I can, and it will be fine, but this is how I feel at the present time.) This is the hard stretch for Brian and I. His return is so close, yet it's still 3 months away, so please, if you can, keep us in your thoughts and prayers, because we truly need them now.

I am at work right now, and actually need to get some car packets made, so I need to end this, but everyone take care of yourself, and hopefully it won't be so long before I write again!

--Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment