Wednesday, November 11, 2009

In Your Honor

"I am a strong and loving wife, with a husband soon to go
There are times I am terrified, in ways most never know
I bite my lip and force a smile, as I watch my husband pack
My heart may break but I am proud, my husband's got your back."



A friend on Facebook posted this as one of their statuses today. And it's amazing how accurately it portrays some of the many emotions I've gone through in the last couple days as a spouse with a deployed soldier as a husband. And with today being Veterans' Day, it seemed even more fitting.

Though I've never verbalized it really, ever, I've always looked at my husband as my hero. My husband, the one who takes care of me when I'm sick. Who helps with chores. Who holds me when I'm stressed out. Who loves me more than I sometimes believe I deserve. Who is now overseas as a military member fighting for our freedom. I'm so proud of him.

Today, I want to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation for every single man and woman who has served in a branch of the military, past or present, whether Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, Army, or any of the national guards we have who generally aren't on active duty. Every single one of you is in my prayers today and you join my husband as a hero in my eyes. So thank you. Thank you for fighting for our freedom, for our ability to live the life we choose. Because you make it possible.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Candace! Thanks for stopping by today. I am so glad I have a friend like you.

    Stay strong, girl! May will be here before you know it. -hugs-

    ReplyDelete