Saturday, November 21, 2009

Not-much-of-a-Brian-update Update

I've been able to talk to Brian a bit. We usually talk for a few minutes before he goes to work and after he gets off work. He'll call from the cell phone he bought over there. But we also get to chat a bit online, which is nice. I finally got my webcam set up, so hopefully we'll be able to have some nice video chats now too! I can't wait!

There isn't a whole lot to update you on. I'll hopefully be mailing out my first package this coming week. Haven't been able to yet, but I have plenty to put in it.

He did go home sick one day and was placed on quarters last week because he threw up, but after sleeping almost all day and then all night, he was feeling better and returned to work the next day.

In other news, my sister found out partway through this week that her boyfriend was suddenly returned to somewhere overseas without warning after he washed out of the program he was going to. We were under the impression that he would be going back through some training first, so this definately came as a surprise. So while you're keeping Brian in your prayers, I'd greatly appreciate it if you would also keep Shannon (my sister) and her boyfriend John, in your prayers. He's in the Marines, and we don't know where he is. But we pray for his safety and quick return daily.

One of my brothers, Tim, managed to break his collarbone yesterday. He's really quite talented. (ha) But in all seriousness, praying for a quick recovery there and some pain relief also, because I'm sure that can't feel good!

At work, a couple of families are going through a rough time. One of our service techs has been diagnosed with lung cancer, and the prognosis is not good. My mom and I are hoping to go see him and his family in the hospital tomorrow afternoon. In addition, our internet sales manager is going through his wife's battle with cancer. And a GM salesman just found out Monday that his wife has breast cancer. They found out a couple days later that it has not spread to the lymphatic system, so that is great news, but unfortunately it has grown since her last test. They talk to the surgeon on Dec 3rd to discuss possible options, and are hoping they caught it early enough. With all of this going on during the holidays, these families are in great need of prayer and thoughts of strength.

I don't have much else to say, but I hope to hear from you guys soon, and if anyone wants Brian's email or address, please do not hesitate to ask. Just email me at dacey1203@gmail.com and let me know who you are! Thank you so much for your continuing prayers! Much love!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're getting to talk to Brian so much. Webcams are an excellent kit tool.
    I will be praying for Tim, Brian, Shannon, and John. And also all of those families from your work. There is a lot of cancer it seems. That makes my heart hurt.

    ReplyDelete